Dear IFSA members,
Hereby we invite you to apply and thus be part of the 23rd Session of the Committee on Forestry and the 5th World Forest Week (COFO) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) from the 18th to the 22nd July 2016 in Rome, Italy. IFSA has the chance to send a delegation to Rome to represent youth in the forestry sector. The conference will focus on the role of forests in implementing major global decisions, in particular the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement and will feature in addition to COFO, a number of events sponsored by FAO partners and members.
Depending on the size of the IFSA delegation, there will be limited funding available, up to 300 EURO round about. (Please also search for additional funding from your university etc.)
For applying to this conference you need:
– to fill out the survey (questions and link to the survey can be found at the end of this email)
both tasks need to be fullfilled until the 5th of June 2016 12PM GMT+1
Important: If you apply as a delegate please be aware that you will only receive financial support from IFSA depending on your committment and dedication before, during and after the conference (e.g. atending IFSA briefings online before the conference or in person during COFO, write reports/blogs, attend workshops/sessions if demanded etc.)
For applying to the conference fill out this survey with the link provided below. Please answer the following questions before you open the link and keep the answers ready.
1. What is your motivation for applying to the COFO meeting? (max. 250 words)
2. What do you hope to get from your experience at this conference? (max. 100 words)
3. How do you see your role as a IFSA delegate for this conference? (max. 150 words)
4. How are you planning to transmit information during and after COFO to your LC/country/region/community? (max. 100 words)
5. Do you have any experiences with social media, blogging, writing, photography and/or any other particular skills that would be an asset to the delegation/IFSA? (max. 150 words)
6. How do you operate within a team and how does that make you a valuated team member (please support this with examples e.g. are you a thinker, doer, facilitator etc.)? (max. 100 words)
We would like to have a motivated IFSA delegation representing our network in the best possible way, That is why we seek for members of diverse background and different IFSA experiences. We especially encourage also new members of IFSA to apply to this unique event and benefit from the experience of “IFSA-Oldies”.
Happy applying and see you in Rome!