IUFRO 125th Anniversary
Congress 2017 – Training Sessions
- IFSA is involved in several activities during the IUFRO Anniversary Congress, taking place 18 – 22 September 2017 in Freiburg, Germany. One training is jointly organised by the IUFRO Working Party 9.01.06 “Forest Science Publishing” and the IUFRO IFSA Joint Task Force on Forest Education.Workshop “Getting published in the changing science landscape”
Date: Monday 18 September 2017, 09:00-13:00
Venue: Room 100, Herderbau building (University Freiburg)
Session Programme: Download
If you plan to participate in this workshop, you should prepare for the event by checking the transparency standards proposed by the Center for Open Science (https://cos.io/).
Go to their website: https://cos.io/our-services/top-guidelines/
Read the following free documents available on the page:
1) Introductory article
2) Complete TOP guidelines
Based on these readings, reflect the questions:
- Which level of openness is required for a reasonable reproducibility of a research?
- Which of the proposed standards seem universal (for all fields of study) and which must be modified depending on type of research (lab/field/economic/etc.)?
- Which level of openness would you be ready to go with your own data?
The speakers and trainers of the workshop are sharing following abstracts and reading material to prepare for the session:
- Cecil C. Konijnendijk: Getting published in the changing science landscape. Finding your way through the editorial process
- Paolo Cherubini: Impact Facto Fever by Paolo Cherubini
- Dan Binkley: Some guiding ideas writing interesting, publishable manuscripts
- Mirabella Rossana: