[OPEN CALL] Become an IFSA Official
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here— you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2017-2018 period! 🙂
Click Here (IFSA Job Descriptions 2017-18) where you will find the most updated version of the Job Descriptions that the current IFSA Officials have very kindly worked on for everyone to understand better about what these positions are all about.
If you would like to learn more about these positions, or if you would have any questions that you’d like us to clarify, feel free to email the current position holder and ask away! You find the email addresses on our website www.ifsa.net
Now, how to apply to become an IFSA official? This is what you need to send:
1. A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
2. A motivation letter (no more than one page) about the position you are running for. It should address the following questions:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this position’s main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What events will there be that are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
3. A two minute video, to be shown at the General Assembly which summarises your motivation letter. This will be the main element which will support your election!
Both documents and the video need to be sent back to me (Isabel.Engel.firstname.lastname@example.org)
If some document is missing your application will not be considered. Those of you attending the International Forestry Students’ Symposium in South Africa will have a chance to run for positions until the Third Plenary Session.
Please note that all positions except Regional Representatives and Commissions are voted upon at the General Assembly. Regional Representatives are appointed by the members of the regions present at the International Forestry Students Symposium (IFSS); and the same goes for commissions (commissioners appoint the Head of Commission)— which are also subject to change (e.g. one new commission can be created, or an already existing one may be discontinued) but still you need to send a verifying letter from your LC president.