Open Call for Applications for the Liaison Officer (LO) for IUFRO
Dear IFSA World,
The position holder of Liaison Officer for IUFRO has recently resigned, and we are now seeking a candidate to fill this role.
The LO (Liaison Officer) is the main correspondent between IFSA and one of its professional partners. LOs report directly to the President and are responsible for the management between IFSA and an official partner. IUFRO (International Union of Forest Research Organizations) is one of these partners.
IUFRO promotes global cooperation in forest-related research and enhances the understanding of the ecological, economic and social aspects of forests and trees. It disseminates scientific knowledge to stakeholders and decision-makers and contributes to forest policy and on-the-ground forest management. IUFRO’s vision is of science-based sustainable management of the world’s forest resources for economic, environmental and social benefits.
The LOs have the following main tasks:
– Maintaining regular contact with both the IFSA President and the partner organisation;
– Working with both parties to find suitable arrangements for collaborative activities;
– Raising awareness of one organisation to the other;
– Ensuring an efficient changeover to the next LO and providing support at least until the end of the calendar year.
The LO IUFRO would have specific main tasks, such as:
– Being the link between IUFRO and IFSA;
– Reading the emails from the IUFRO mailing list carefully and following the discussions these may lead to;
– Attending IUFRO meetings together with the IFSA President or any IFSA 7 member in case the President cannot participate;
– Preparing key goals for IFSA’s participation at IUFRO meetings
– Attending the regular IUFRO online meetings and forwarding necessary information to IFSA 7;
– Sharing the information received from IUFRO on IFSA media channels and vice-versa;
The ideal candidate would:
Be detail oriented,
Be an excellent verbal and written communicator, and able to produce professional and formal reports,
Have excellent time management skills
Be self-motivated and proactive in trying new ideas to strengthen IFSA’s partnership in IUFRO
Be available during weekdays to check emails and participate in telecommunication and virtual meetings;
Has prior experience leading a group of volunteers and/or chairing a committee;
Be strong-motivated and have strong team-building skills;
Be a current ordinary IFSA member or have graduated within one year;
Be from an IFSA LC (Local Committee).
By applying to this position, you could broaden your horizons, meet interesting leading people from other international student organizations, and learn about the functioning of organizations in general. You would be part of the team of IFSA Officials until the next General Assembly (August 2016), hence getting to learn about online teamwork in an international context. Overall, it is a real chance to develop many useful skills!
If you are interested in applying for the role of LO IUFRO please submit the following to email@example.com by Feb 17th. Please note that this is a rolling deadline and applications will be considered as they are submitted. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Cover letter detailing motivation for applying and qualifications for role (one page);
Letter of verification by LC President stating that you are a member of the LC.
IFSA Council and Direction reserve the right to follow-up the application process with interviews if necessary.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact Isabel Engel, Head of Council (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Taya on behalf of IFSA7