Open Call for IFSA Official Positions!
- We’ll be hosting a “Learn about officials” Skype day on the 30th of June, 9 pm GMT+7. If you’re a current official wanting to provide advice to others or you’re not an official but want to learn more about them, please email Natalia Cisneros with your Skype username so you can join the conversation.
- If you cannot make it to the Skype day, e-mail the current official with your specific questions. You’ll be able to find a list of all the officials and their emails here.
How do you apply to become an IFSA official?
This is what you have to send:
- A letter from your LC President verifying that you are a member of the LC
- A motivation letter (no more than one page!) about the position you are running for, which should include answers to the following:
- Why you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out the positions tasks?
- Why do you would want to become an official for this position?
- Can you list this official’s 3 main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What events will there be that are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership), do you think your work will be focused on?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
Please send both documents back to Natalia Cisneros before Tuesday 28 July 2015, 11 am GMT-5. Those of you attending the International Forestry Students’ Symposium in the Philippines will get a chance to run for positions after that.
We hope that you’re as excited as we are to start this new IFSA year!