[OPEN CALL] for UNFF13
The Major Group Children and Youth (MGCY), represented by the International Forestry Students’ Association (IFSA), is seeking individuals to join it at the 13th session of the UN Forum on Forests. This is the premier forests body of the United Nations. It runs from 7-11 May 2018 at the UN Headquarters in New York City, USA. To learn more about the UNFF visit their website.
After kicking off with a Ministerial roundtable, this years’ negotiations will focus on the implementation of the ambitious UN Strategic Plan for Forests and it’s six Global Forest Goals. This includes negotiation and agreement on monitoring and reporting, the guidelines for the Global Forest Financing Facilitation Network (GFFFN), as well as the communications and outreach strategy.
We’re looking for a diverse range of young and enthusiastic people with balanced representation across gender, nationality, and age. You may be from IFSA or any other organisation which looks at forests, the environment or sustainable development.
The deadline to apply is 5pm UTC-5 (New York time) on 30 March 2018.
Please have the following prepared before beginning the online form. You are unable to save and must prepare your responses in advance.
- Passport information
- Answers to short questions below:
There are two positions that you can apply to:
- Policy delegate – The policy delegates will have the opportunity and responsibility for supporting our preparations for UNFF13, contributing to writing statements, and potentially making interventions! These delegates will commit to attending the full week of UNFF13.
- Observer delegate – Observer delegates can choose to spend the whole week at UNFF13, or just a few days, the choice is yours. These delegates will commit to writing short blogs and sharing insights (e.g. on social media) regarding their experience, but do not have to contribute to policy statements and reports
Observer Delegates (apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/534VL3zmY1PuOALg2):
- What is your motivation for applying to attend UNFF 13? Feel free to share your story and motivations. (Max 200 words)
Policy Delegates (apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/w1Fh4d6NXEeKp6Ha2):
- What is your motivation for applying to attend UNFF 13? Feel free to share your story and motivations. (Max 300 words)
- Please detail your experience or knowledge of international forest policy. (Max 200 words)
- Please review the provisional agenda to the meeting and share your thoughts or ideas on how youth participation can enhance and contribute to an agenda item that you find most interesting. (Max 200 words)
In addition to this form, you will need to submit the following to our UNFF Focal Points at [email protected]:
- Curriculum vitae/Resume 2 pages max
- Letter of support from your LC President (if an IFSA member) or a letter of reference from the youth organization you represent. If you do not represent a youth organization, please share how your participation will benefit the Major Group Children and Youth at large.
Documents and more information regarding this meeting can be found here: http://www.un.org/esa/forests/forum/current-session/index.html
Funding: Unfortunately, MGCY and IFSA do not have funding to assist with costs pertaining to participant travel and accommodation. Fundraising and costs incurred as a result of this meeting are the sole responsibility of the delegate.
Confidentiality note: This form and information in it are provided by the applicant in confidence, for the sole purpose of the application process, and may not be disclosed to any third party or used for any other purposes besides the ones mentioned in the form, without the express written permission of the applicant.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail UNFF MGCY at [email protected]