Open Call – Liaison Officer ITTO position
The position of LO ITTO position has become available to those of you who are looking for more ways to get involved within IFSA and its community.
You might be asking yourself what an LO is? An LO (Liaison Officer) is the correspondent between IFSA and one of its professional partners. He/she is elected by the General Assembly (or in special cases like this one, by the Council with consultation of the Direction). The ITTO (International Tropical Timber Organisation) is one of those partners IFSA cooperates with.
The ITTO is an intergovernmental organisation promoting the conservation and sustainable management, use, and trade of tropical forest resources. Its members represent about 80% of the world’s tropical forests and 90% of the global tropical timber trade. The organisation has members in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific: http://itto.int/. The new LO ITTO will work efficiently with the contacts to ITTO and can continuously assure an appropriate dedicated work capacity.
The LOs have the following main tasks:
- Maintaining regular contact with both the IFSA President and the Partner organization;
- Working with both parties to find suitable arrangements for collaborative activities;
- Raising awareness of one organization to the other;
- Ensuring an efficient changeover to the next LO and providing support at least until the end of the calendar year.
The LO ITTO would have specific main tasks, such as:
- Making the ITTO reachable for students
- Cooperating with the ITTO to jointly support each organization’s missions
- Sustaining and developing the cooperation between ITTO and IFSA
- Communicate constantly with the focal points within ITTO
- Providing opportunities for students to participate in ITTO and ITTO partner events
- Coordinating delegations to ITTO and ITTO partner events
By applying for this position, you could broaden your horizons, meet interesting leading people from other international student organizations, and learn about the function of organizations in general. You would be part of the team of IFSA Officials until the next General Assembly (August 2015), hence getting to learn about online teamwork in an international context. Overall, it is a real chance to develop many useful skills!
Those of you who are interested in this position, please send the following to Natalia Cisneros, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 31st of December 2014 at 5 pm GMT-5:
- A motivation letter (Why you think you would make a good candidate, and why you are motivated to do it);
- A resume;
- A recommendation letter written by your LC President.
We look forward to hearing from you!