UNFF11 NYC 2015 – Youth Delegates
The United Nations Forum on Forests 11 meeting (UNFF11) is to be held at the UN Headquarters in New York City from May 4-15, 2015. The mandate of the current UNFF is coming to an end, and the UNFF11 meeting will be to agree on the future of the International Arrangement on Forests post-2015. More information about the event: http://www.un.org/esa/forests/session.html
The Major Group Children & Youth, of which IFSA is part of, is looking to select a delegation to attend, engage and contribute to the proceedings. We are seeking participants to represent the IFSA delegation, with the option of staying for just one or even both weeks of the event. Limited funding is available. To be considered for funding, the application must completed by 23:59 PST Wednesday March 18th, 2015. All other self-funded delegates need to apply by 23:59 PST Saturday April 18th, 2015.
If you are seeking to apply, you may follow through the application form at http://goo.gl/TUvf8Z. Please have each of the following things ready before you commence the application, as you CANNOT save the application, so you can fill in everything and submit it all at once:
-Answers to short questions:
- What is your motivation for applying to attend UNFF 11? (Max 300 words)
- What is your experience in international forest policy? (Max 200 words)
- How will you be effective in advocating for the youth perspective at UNFF 11? (Max 200 words)
In addition to this form, you will need to submit the following documents in a SINGLE MERGED PDF file named as [last name_first name_country.pdf] to Anna Stemberger at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadlines.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume of 2-3 pages maximum!!!
- Letter of support from your LC President (If you are not an IFSA member replace this letter with a reference from the youth organization that you will be representing at this workshop. The youth organization must be forestry/environment related)
- Copy of your passport
If you have any questions or concerns about this application process or UNFF11, please e-mail Anna Stemberger at email@example.com