Development fund application open
The applications for the development fund are now open! The development fund is made available to any IFSA member on an annual basis. Attributes in priority areas will be taken into consideration.
The funds should serve to:
- Support students in funding IFSA projects, events, or other forestry-related activities in developing nations (Low Income countries – LICs) such as organizing Regional Meetings, workshops, etc.
- Support the attendance of students from LICs to attend IFSA or IFSA-related events such as the annual International Forestry Students’ Symposium (IFSS), the Interim meeting (for elected Officials), or United Nations conferences.
- Individuals and LCs can apply for the fund. For LC applications the project that the LC carries out should relate to IFSA broader scale than simply your local area. Projects which relate to a single LC cannot benefit from this fund.
- The grant is fundraised for by fellow students, who organize an auction and sometimes a tombola during the annual International Forestry Students Symposium.
If you believe you or your project is eligible, you can apply for a grant (see the application guideline below). Please submit the requested documents on or before October 25th, 2014 23:59hrs (GMT+2).
The recipients will be chosen by the IFSA Council and informed no later than two weeks after this date. For further information or inquiries about the fund or for an application, please contact the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has to be written entirely in English language, and should include:
i) Contact details of the applicant
- Full postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
ii) Project description
- Itinerary of activities/events
- Further details
- Number and background of people involved in the event or project
iii) Supporting material
- A signed reference, or letter of endorsement, regarding their proposal from a member of their University staff
- A letter from LC President recognising the applicant as a member of the LC
- If possible any other supporting material (ex. brochures, posters)
- Detailed listing of all costs for project/proposal (ex. Travel costs, materials)
- A list of any other contributing organizations/sponsors and the amount of their contribution
v) Letter of motivation
- A brief letter with no more than 300 words, explaining the reasons and motivation in applying for the fund.
In exchange, recipients need to hand in a report of the project/activity and write an article for IFSA News.