Date for the event is from the 21st-26th of May, 2017.
- Students’ empowerment to enhance their participation and effectiveness in the fight of climate change to achieve sustainable development goals of forest, land and water resources for the benefit of posterity.
- To build commitment towards the achievement of sustainable use of land, forest and water resource.
- To strengthen the capacity of the youth through education to meet the challenges of the climate change.
The meeting will endeavor to feature the following key activities
- IFSA/IUFRO workshops
- Hands-on training with climate change experts and scientists
- Forum with government officials and key stakeholders
STRUCTURE OF THE MEETING
The meeting is designed to cover one geographical region of Ghana: Brong-Ahafo Region, just to present to its participants the rich culture and beautiful landscape of Ghana.
The meeting will endeavor to handle key topics:
- Nature based solution for sustainability and resilience to climate change
- Green jobs and sustainability
- Climate change and sustainable development goals
- Experiential training in effective business planning for natural science/environmental science students
- The role of youth as managers of forest, land and water resources for sustainable development goals
- Climate change and bio-economy
- The trend for sustainable management of forest, land and water.
The organizing committee members for NARM 17 will discuss detailed agenda and schedule for the meeting.
- Ultimately, the realization of capacity building of students to undertake climate change related activities.
- To rise up students to be responsible managers of the natural resources (forest, land and water) for the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Filling of information and communication gaps to limit knowledge deficiencies on climate change.
NARM17 is open to about 150 participants from, especially, Northern Africa Region: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Kenya as well as other participants from different regions and other interested stakeholders.
The official website, which has since been launched, for NARM 17 is narm17.webutu.com. Updates on NARM17 will also be launched on the following social media platform: Facebook: NARM17 and Twitter: @NARM17.
- Date: May 21, 2017 - May 26, 2017