Get involved in IFSA
Dear IFSA Community,
If you are looking for a way to get more involved in IFSA, your opportunity might be here. The position for LO IFISO is now open.
So, what is this about? The LO (Liaison Officer) is the correspondent between IFSA and one of its professional partners. He/she is elected by the General Assembly (or by the Council in special cases). IFISO (Informal Forum of International Student Organisations) is one of those partners IFSA cooperates with. As the name says, it is an informal forum for international officers of pluralistic, non-political, and non-profit international student-run organizations. It is an international network of global Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), providing a platform for these NGOs to share best practices, but also to pursue common aims, often by cooperating through inter-organizational projects on a Global level.
The LOs have the following main tasks:
- Maintaining regular contact with both the IFSA President and the partner organization;
- Working with both parties to find suitable arrangements for collaborative activities;
- Raising awareness of one organization to the other;
- Ensuring an efficient changeover to the next LO and providing support at least until the end of the calendar year.
The IFISO LO would have specific main tasks, such as:
- Being the link between IFISO and IFSA;
- Reading the emails from IFISO mailing list carefully and following the discussions these may lead to;
- Attending IFISO meetings together with the IFSA President or any IFSA 7 member in case the President cannot participate;
- Attending the regular IFISO online meetings and forwarding necessary information to IFSA 7;
- Sharing the information received from IFISO meetings plus information about the other organizations on IFSA media channels;
- Advertising the Leadership Summer School (LSS), as well as other student programmes, and encouraging IFSA members to attend them.
By applying to this position, you could broaden your horizons, meet interesting leading people from other international student organizations, and learn about the functioning of organizations in general. You would be part of the team of IFSA Officials until the next General Assembly (August 2015), hence getting to learn about online teamwork in an international context. Overall, it is a real chance to develop many useful skills!
Those of you who are interested in this position, please send the following to Hugo Pierre, Head of Council ([email protected]) by the 19th of September 2014:
- A motivation letter (Why you think you would make a good candidate, and why you are motivated to do it);
- A resume;
- A recommendation letter written by your LC President.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hugo Pierre (France)
Tatenda Mapeto (South Africa/Zimbabwe)
Ethan Lin (Taiwan)