IFSS 2014: 30 days to go. Register today!
The 42nd International Forestry Students’ Symposium, IFSA’s largest annual event of the year, will take place in British Columbia from August 6-21, 2014. Hosted by the Local Committees at the University of British Columbia, the University of Northern British Columbia, and Thompson Rivers University, IFSS 2014 will bring together over 100 IFSA delegates from all over the world.
Registration is NOW OPEN! There are guaranteed spots for Officials and for one delegate per LC as long as applications are submitted by the March 5th deadline. As many people per LC and everyone wishing to attend IFSS is encouraged to apply!
IFSS 2014: Our Roots, Our Future
British Columbia, Canada, August 6 – 21, 2014
The symposium will highlight the rich history of forestry in BC, and the way in which forests play a crucial role in connecting its people, its culture, and its future. We will spend two weeks traveling throughout British Columbia, showcasing the beauty of the province’s forested landscapes and exploring its forestry practices and forest management innovations. The visits to logging operations, nature reserves, crystalline lakes, old growth forests, and breath-taking mountains sure promise to make this symposium an unforgettable experience!
Student delegates will get a chance to participate in
- Hikes, field trips, and camping expeditions
- General Assemblies and IFSA workshops
- Discussion forums on various forestry topics
- Networking events with industry and academia
- Student oral and poster academic presentations
- Cultural and social events!
- Optional Pre-IFSS activities!
- Lectures and inspiring talks from recognized professors in the field!
For more information:
Questions – [email protected]