[OPEN CALL] Become a Northern African Regional Representative
Dear IFSA World,
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here— you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2018-2019 period!
We are on the search for ONE Northern African Regional Representative (RR). This is an individual who is based within the North African region and able to act as the vital communication and information link between IFSA 7 and the Local Committees (LC) in his/her region. Please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
Being an RR is a fun and exciting role which allows your to grow personally and professionally whilst gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this position’s main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: NARR application – YOUR NAME
DEADLINE: 5-11-2018 – 23:59 CET
Duties and Responsibilities:
Time management advice: Approximately 5 hours per week, even try to check your inbox every single day.
- Introduce RRs
- At the beginning, write an e-mail to every LC to introduce RRs and ask them to send you brief information about their activities, problems and what they are expecting from you.
- Update LCs’ Contact details
- Contact the president of each LCs and ask him/her to inform RRs if the contact person changes. Especially in the beginning of year.
- If some LCs doesn’t reply to your email, you can try other method: asking to a friend who is studying in the LC, contacting through Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp etc.
- Forward updated list to all the LC Presidents and to the membership Councilor to keep them posted
- Update your region’s status. Continue to improve the information available to each region on the region IFSA website/FB page
- Make sure every member LC from your region is also shown on the homepage
- The official list of IFSA member LCs are kept in the membership database accessible by the membership councilor.
- To make changes on the homepage keep in contact with the Web commission
- Encourage LCs to provide relevant information
- Enhance information exchange
- Forward all the important information from IFSA to the LCs (mail, Facebook)
- Keep each LC has at least one person registering to IFSA World mailing list
- Report your region’s current situation to IFSA7 as well as to the ifsaworld.
- Provide information about your region (activities) when needed
- Cultivate and expand the Regional IFSA Community
- Encourage local initiatives and regional forestry student meetings to improve exchange and communication within each of the IFSA regions.
- Ensure yearly Regional Meetings, to offer more opportunities for students to join the network
- Elect next year’s host LC for the Regional meeting during the current Regional meeting
- send out an open call to host the meeting more than one year ahead
- Take a leadership role in organizing regional meetings which includes helping regional meeting OCs get sponsorship for meetings
- Hold workshops at the Regional Meeting explaining IFSA and Statutes to new participants
- Encourage the members to attend meetings like IFSS, Regional Meetings, Conferences, etc. and to seek for accessible funding to sponsor members to attend..
- Encourage your LCs to organize local events/partnership program for IFSA members or forestry students
- Improve communication within and between each IFSA region.
- Ensure good communication with existing LCs.
- Are you using the right communication channel?
- Does everyone get the information needed?
- Maintain Regional Facebook Page/Group
- keep in contact with the Social Media Sub-Commission
- Ensure good communication with existing LCs.
- Ensure a proper, detailed handover process to the next representative
- highlights specific issues that need attention
- All-important files, account details (FB PAGE), and published materials
- stay in contact with former Representative and learn from their mistakes and what to do
- Find new LCs
- Keep updating the list of prospective LCs in different countries
- Keep in touch with contact person in each country
- Ensure communication is provided and improved with potential members that have shown any interest.
- Participate in monthly coffee hour sessions or online forums to encourage, share ideas, and make progress towards greater regional coordination of events.
- Consider about new membership applications and direct them for a suitable approving by Council.
- Reply to any needs, which need your attention as soon as possible.
- Create time to check your inbox regularly.
New tasks 2018-2019:
As the demand for regional partnerships has grown in recent years, Regional Representatives are encouraged to engage with regional partners in close communication with the IFSA 7. Deputy RRs or deputy LOs within the region are one possible way forward in handling partners that are only relevant to 1-2 regions.