[OPEN CALL] Become an IFSA official
Dear IFSA World,
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here— you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
Please refer to the find the most updated version of the Job Descriptions.
Please be aware that these descriptions allow merely a glimpse into the role and tasks of each position. We highly recommend for anyone interested in applying for a position to get in touch with the current position holder. If you would like to learn more about these positions, or if you have any questions that you’d like us to clarify for you, feel free to email the current position holder and ask away! (www.ifsa.net/team)
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A plan/strategy for the position, outlining you envisioned plans for your work in the position during the IFSA term 2019/20 (max. 1 page)
- A two (2) minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position you are running for. Videos exceeding the 2-minute time limit will be cut-off. (applicants not present at the GA only)
- Optional we also encourage to send in a short CV (max. 2 pages) [this is good practice for any future job application]
The letter/video should address the following questions:
● What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
● Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
● How would you achieve this position’s main tasks?
● What events will there be that are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend?
● What would your key goals for the year be?
● How do you see yourself improving and contributing to the IFSA organization?
Documents must be submitted to lisa.prior[at]ifsa.net on or before Tuesday, 25th of July 2019 23:59 GMT+3 (Estonia Summer Time). Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Those of you attending the International Forestry Students’ Symposium (IFSS) in Estonia will have a chance to run for positions until the Third Plenary Session. But please keep in mind that you will also need to present your written plan/strategy for the position (digital).
Please note that all positions except Regional Representatives (RRs) and Heads of Sub-Commissions (HoSCs) are voted upon at the General Assembly. RRs and HoSC appointed by during the GA after deliberation in the Regional and Commission workshops. Commissions and the respective Sub-Commissions are subject to change (e.g. new commissions can be created and already existing one may be discontinued), but still you need to send a full application.
We hope that you are as excited as we are to start this new IFSA year!
If you have any questions about applying for a position, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
On behalf of the IFSA 7,