Open Call for Northern Africa Regional Representative
Dear members of IFSA around the world,
The position of Regional Representative for Northern Africa is open!
As you certainly know, the Local Committees of IFSA are divided into seven Regions. In order to effectively link these Committees and the IFSA Board, one or two Regional Representatives per Region are appointed. IFSA presently needs one or two highly motivated students to be Regional Representatives for the Northern Africa Region.
This is your chance! If you are a member of a Northern African Local Committee (LC), you can apply for it!
The Regional Representatives act as the information link between IFSA 7 and the LCs in his/her region, which means that you’d be receiving and managing information constantly.
Are you interested in communicating with people online? Do you want to improve your soft skills, get involved in IFSA and make new friends?
Then this is your chance to be part of the IFSA Officials Team for this year!
This spot will remain open to applicants until Monday, 22nd of October, 2014, and the position would run until August 2015.
Tasks of Regional Representatives
- Update contact details of LCs and officials on an ongoing basis, together with the Council and Vice President;
- Together with IFSA 7, encourage local initiatives and regional forestry students’ meetings to improve exchange and communication within each of the IFSA regions;
- Enhance information availability and dissemination on the different activities of IFSA;
- Initiate and support regional meetings in the Region, to enhance the global visibility of the association and offer more opportunities for students to join the network. If possible, participate the regional meeting;
- Continue to improve communication within and between each IFSA region;
- Work with other partners to find contacts in the different IFSA Regions and to help IFSA to expand its network.Continue to improve the information available to each region on the IFSA website;
- Keep in contact with the Web Commission and update your region’s status.
Those who are interested need to send:
- A resume;
- A motivation letter explaining why they think they qualify as a good candidate and why they are interested in this position;
- A recommendation letter from their LC President.
Please remember that only Northern African IFSA members are allowed to apply.
Applications should be sent to Hugo Pierre, Head of Council: [email protected]. The deadline to send in the applications is October 22nd, 2014.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hugo Pierre (France)
Tatenda Mapeto (South Africa/Zimbabwe)
Ethan Lin (Taiwan)