OPEN CALL! Head of Projects and Grants Sub-Commission
Dear IFSA World!
Have you been seeking for an opportunity to extend your service to, and get involved in IFSA whilst developing yourself professionally? Seek no further! IFSA is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person who would like to get involved in IFSA as the Head of Projects and Grants sub-commission for the 2018-2019 term of office. This position is not only an opportunity for you to extend your service to IFSA but also an ideal opportunity which gives you the chance to enhance your grant writing and analysis skills as well as your fundraising skills! Your application is most welcomed!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- The Head of the Project and Grant Sub-Commission works in close relations with the IFSA treasurer and direction to manage the Erasmus+ grant. He/She will be made coordinator of the grant on the participant portal.
- Head of the Sub-commission must familiarize themselves with the grant agreement and guidelines, so everything would be reported according to the agreement and guidelines.
- Work as a liaison officer between all the local committees (LC) of IFSA regarding any financial issues that LC have for their projects and serve as a point of information to the LC’s about fundraising for their LC and introduce them to the fundraising package strategy and opportunities offered by IFSA Supporter and Alumni Network.
- The head of the Project and Grant Sub-commission will also be responsible to look for similar grants which we can also be used in different regions and not only in Europe. Those can be grants from different organizations/institutions or some other and even bigger project open-calls from the EU.
- Be able to attend the ERASMUS+ grant and fundraising meeting together with the treasurer in Brussels end of October this year.
IFSA board: The HoSC Projects and Grants will work closely with the Treasurer and other members of the board in reporting on the ERASMUS+ KA3 grant. And writing applications to other grants and projects.
IFSA Supporter and Alumni Network (IFSA SAN): The HoSC will work with the IFSA SAN to create individual fundraising campaigns for events and Local Committees.
Capacity Development Commission: Helping the Commission to find suitable funding opportunities focusing on training.
Desired skills and abilities.
It is vital for the head of the Project and Grant Sub-commission to have previous experience with writing grants and knowing what is evaluated to know what to emphasize on.
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: HoSC PROJECTS AND GRANTS application – YOUR NAME
DEADLINE: 25-09-2018 – 23:59 CET