OPEN CALL! Head of Publications Sub-Commission
Dear IFSA World!
Here is another exciting opportunity for you to serve and get involved in IFSA! Have you been looking for this opportunity? Look no further. IFSA is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Individual who would like to get involved in IFSA as the Head of Publications sub-commission for the 2018-2019 term of office.
The head of the publications sub-commission acts as the chief editor of the IFSA tree news. Little to mention, the IFSA tree news in the monthly online editorial of our organization which accepts three forms of contribution;
1- Event, work or travel reports written by IFSA members;
2 – Interviews with inspiring individuals that have a good story to share around the global forestry landscape as well as with experts on forest and sustainability related topics;
3 – Reviews of books, movies, exhibitions around the topic of trees and sustainability.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Coordinate the Publications sub-commission team through
- Regularly updating the ‘’tree news manual’’ to have information ready to share with writers and editors
- Holding webinars where guidelines and procedures for the Tree News are explained at least 1-2 times a year
- Assigning writers and editors for the proposed contributions (monitor and update the shared publications list) and staying in contact with the writers and editors.
Coordinate monthly content through
- Screening IFSA events that should be reported about, search online for potential content and make suggestions for content to the team
- Sending out e-mails to IFSA world Newsletters to announce monthly issue and be responsive to questions via e-mail.
- Gather all monthly contents; collect pictures and links, upload content to the IFSA blog, where the Tree News are published and do the final edit for every contribution.
- Engage with the social media to share Tree News content and information (or delegate this task to a team member)
- Actively engaging in recruiting writers and editors and reminding them of their deadline to publish the monthly issue.
Develop the Tree News
This is one of the key tasks of the head of the publications sub-commission. It involves;
- Coordination of efforts with other IFSA officials to align activities and improve the layout of the editorial overtime (e.g. work with the IPC on maintaining and developing the IFSA blog page).
- Looking for options to present the project at events (e.g. workshop at international gatherings with IFSA involvements to recruit new members and envision new ideas).
The amount of time committed towards the position is variable however, your reliability and accessibility during periods of IFSA’s engagements like conferences is highly required.
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
All applications must be sent to: email@example.com
All applications must use the subject: HoSC PUBLICATIONS application – YOUR NAME
DEADLINE: 25-09-2018 – 23:59 CET