Second Call for Applicants for the IFSA Development Fund
Dear IFSA World,
The application for the IFSA Development Fund is open again and you can now apply.
The Development Fund is made available to any IFSA member on an annual basis. This year, we are opening a second call to support an IFSA member attending Interim of IFSS 2016. This grant will be allocated taking priority areas into consideration.
The IFSA Development Fund serves to:
· Support students in funding IFSA projects, events, or other forestry-related activities in developing nations (Low Income Countries, or LICs) such as organising Regional Meetings, workshops, etc.
· Support the attendance of students from LCs to attend IFSA or IFSA-related events such as the annual International Forestry Students’ Symposium (IFSS), the Interim meeting (for elected Officials), or United Nations conferences.
Individuals or LCs can apply for the fund. This second call of the IFSA Development Fund 2015-16 is solely for the purpose of attending IFSS 2016 or Interim 2016.
The grant is fundraised for by fellow students, who organise an auction and sometimes a tombola during the annual International Forestry Students Symposium and Regional Meetings.
If you think you are eligible, please send your application to [email protected] before December 4th, 2015 23:59 CET . An application will not be reviewed until all requested documents have been received. For details on what to include in your application package, please see below.
The recipients will be chosen by the IFSA Council and informed no later than two weeks after this date.
For further information or enquiries about the fund or for an application, please contact the Council at council[email protected]
The IFSA Council
Jan Joseph Dida
Your application has to be written entirely in English language, and should include:
i) Contact details of the applicant
· Full Name
· IFSA Local Committee Name
· Full postal address
· Email address
ii) Project description
· Itinerary of activities/events
· Further details
· Number and background of people involved in the event or project
iii) Supporting material
· A signed reference, or letter of endorsement, regarding their proposal from a member of their University staff
· Letter from LC President recognising the applicant as a member of the LC
· Detailed listing of all costs for project/proposal (ex. Travel costs, materials)
· A list of any other contributing organisations/sponsors and the amount of their contribution
v) Letter of motivation
· A brief letter with no more than 300 words, explaining the reasons and motivation for applying to the fund.
vi) Description of contribution to IFSA Communication
In exchange, recipients need to hand in a report of the project/activity and produce a piece (article, blog, interactive presentation) for IFSA Communication. As part of your application please state what form this piece for The IFSA Communication commission would take and how this will positively impact IFSA members.